This recipe found its way into my lap a few weeks ago now, and my children had been saying the week beforehand that they were missing yoghurt (and chocolate yogos!) as we had ditched these when we started our sugar-free diet.
Well this homemade version of Chocolate Custard/Yoghurt Dessert is to die for, and definitely ticks all the boxes…for us anyway!
Give it a whirl, it is so easy, takes only a couple of minutes and we are now making batches and bathes every week.
Chocolate Custard/Yoghurt Dessert
* 800ml of milk
* 4 tablespoons of cacao powder
* 4 tablespoons of cornflour
* Half a cup of sweetener (we use Xylitol)…. And you could use sugar if you are not sugar-free!
* Bring to the boil 500ml of the milk
* Meanwhile sift the other ingredients into the remaining 300ml of milk and mix
* When the 500ml milk is boiling, whisk in the cacao milk mixture
* Continue whisking on a low heat until the ‘custard’ thickens slightly
* Pour into individual moulds (I use the small Tupperware jelly moulds) or into a large bowl and refrigerate. I have lids for my moulds but if not, put a layer of clingfilm on top of the custard to prevent skin forming.
Enjoy…. This is speedy to make, easy to do and very yummy!!!!